Energizing Fresh Orange & Wild Ginger Foaming Bath Review & Contest
Today I’m reviewing another Intimate Organics product, the Energizing Fresh Orange & Wild Ginger Foaming Bath from PinkCherry.com.
But first, here’s how you can win one too.
To enter the contest, do the following to get 1 entry each:
- Leave us comment on this page telling us you want to Win the Energizing Fresh Orange & Wild Ginger Foaming Bath. You have to do this one to win, and be willing to send us your address so we can send you your prize if you win. The other ways to enter below will give you 1 extra entry, and while not mandatory, we truly appreciate your support!
- Tell us 1 eco-friendly thing you pledge to do to help make the world greener. (This can be eliminating toxic ingredients from your products, recycling, planting a tree or garden, using greener products, using energy saving light bulbs or whatever you want to do). We would also love it if you would PLEDGE this for our “a Billion Acts of Green®” page as well.
- If you have twitter please add @DominaDoll & @PinkCherryToys your twitter and re-tweet about our contest: Visit PopMyCherryReview.com for “Green Sex Toy Month” and enter contests to WIN!
- If you have Facebook you can also LIKE PopMyCherryReview and PinkCherry-Sex-Toys. We really appreciate the support!
- Finally, if you have a blog, please repost our “Green Sex Toy Month” post to encourage others to enter.
- And don’t forget to add our FEED to your reader so you can get updates of other great contests, reviews and giveaways!
Energizing Fresh Orange & Wild Ginger Foaming Bath Review
The Intimate Organics Foaming Bath comes in three scents: Energizing (Fresh Orange and Wild Ginger), Relaxing (Lemongrass and Coconut) and Sensual (Cocoa Bean and Goji Berry). Today I am reviewing the Energizing scent and it is very citrus (lemony) smelling, and is sure to perk up your senses.
That’s not all it will do. Unfortunately, that is because it contains parfum (ie: fragrance), which has a toxicity level of 8 out of 10 in the Cosmetic Database and several other nasty chemicals (all highlighted by an asterisk* in the ingredients list end of this review).
Argggh! I’m actually shocked by the ingredients in IO products. I assumed that a certified organic company would have body friendly products and not a whole bunch of chemicals in it. However, I’m reading Eco-Sex and according to them, synthetic fragrances are a toxic mixture of “evil phthalates” (you thought these were just in cheap jelly sex toys, right?) and “poisonous chemicals”. And, a company can make claims of their product(s) being certified organic and/or natural even if they have “a hundred other dangerous chemicals… with one single organic ingredient appear[ing] last on the list” because beauty, cosmetic and personal care products are unregulated (just like sex toys) in North America.
I just wish I had of looked into these products before including them in my “Green Sex Toy Month”, so I could have added body-safe products. However… Informing consumers about what products are bad for them is probably just as important as reviewing the good ones. And, making you aware of what types of products pretend to be healthy, natural and organic but are basically only “greenwashing” you (that is brainwashing you into believing they are safe) by jumping on the “green” movement for profits and sales, is even better.
So, as they say, Buyer Beware!
Aqua, Sodium laureth sulphate*, Cocamidopropyl betaine*, Cocamide DEA*, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl cocoate*, Sodium chloride, DMDM Hydantoin*, Benzophenone 4?, Citric acid, Disodium EDTA, Water, Alcohol, Certified organic goji berry fruit extract, lemon grass extract, aloe extract. May contain: CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 16035/Red 40, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 15985/Yellow 6, CI 17200/Red 33, CI60730/Ext. Violet 2*
I do want to point out however, that it is Intimate Organics that is to blame, and not the retailers, as all the retailers sell this product even the ones who have removed phthalate products from their stores (or at least they thought they did). So, the problem is with regulation, companies being transparent, and consumer education and awareness (which is the part I’m trying to fulfill). And, I did use a full bottle of the IO Body Wash in Cocoabean and Goji Berry with no obvious ill effects before I investigated all the ingredients in their products. If this product has added toxicity levels to my body, only my body burden knows for sure…
So, with that, a BIG thank you to PinkCherry.com for giving me this product for giveaway and review. You can get lots of awesome “green” sex toy products from PinkCherry.com and enter the code PINK10 to get 10% off your purchase for the month of April!
If you still want to ENTER to win this, I won’t hold it against you. Most likely every product you own has the same bad ingredients in it (shampoos, mouthwashes, deodorants) so, now you’ve been informed… Enter to win by commenting below.
(Contest open to adult 18+ in the continental US and Canada)